Adapted from The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill liner notes.

The song incorporates elements of R&B, neo soul and hip hop soul. It also charted on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, spending 31 weeks and peaking number 7 on March 13, 1999.

Although not as successful as her previous single "Doo Wop (That Thing)", the song still entered several international charts. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website.

[5] Its refrain contains soaring harmonies.

My way of deciding what my favorite songs are is to see if I still like everything about them (lyrics, beat, etc) years after I heard them this first time. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site.

[2], "Ex-Factor" was written and produced by Lauryn Hill and it features replayed elements of "Can It Be All So Simple" by Wu-Tang Clan,[3] which itself samples Gladys Knight & the Pips' cover of "The Way We Were". FIRST TIME HEARING Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor REACTION - YouTube It reached number 4 on the UK Singles Chart and spent 16 weeks on the chart, it remains Hill's biggest hit in the UK. [1], The song also raised some controversy surrounding claims that it was about former groupmate Wyclef Jean of The Fugees. How Do Different Generations Of Alpha Kappa Alphas Feel About Kamala Harris?

Ex-Factor Lyrics: Yo, y-yo, yo, y ... Kelly Clarkson Performs Live Mashup Of Cardi B, Lauryn Hill & Post Malone. The second single off Ms. Hill’s classic album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

We’ll have more on Lauryn’s performance later today, but if you’re itching for the Brownsville bomber’s sonic stamp, peep Beyonce’s take on “Ex-Factor” below.

Somebody should help up beg L-Boogie we want some more miseducations, the children have not been properly miseducated by the queen of rnb, RPM Studios (NYC), Marley Music, Inc. (Kingston, Jamaica) and Chung King Studios (NYC), It could all be so simple (Ba-ba-ba-baby, baby, baby), Loving you is like a battle (It's like a battle), Chung King Studios, New York City, New York. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS* [7], In 2018, rappers Drake and Cardi B sampled it in their songs "Nice for What" and "Be Careful", respectively.[4].

& Westside Gunn Link Up for an Instagram Live Broadcast, Mixtape Monday: Small Bills, YUNGMORPHEUS, Flip.Gawd.Dre, 10.4 Rog, Lyric Jones + More, A Special J Dilla ‘Welcome 2 Detroit’ 20th Anniversary Box Set is Dropping, Cardi B Calls off Divorce From Offset According To New Report, Hear Black Sheep’s Dres and Chuck D Light Up a Rare J Dilla Beat, The Good, Bad, and Just Strange Celebrity Costumes from Halloween 2020, Stevie Wonder Performs New Songs and Hits Live at Joe Biden’s Rally in Detroit, The Bul Bey x Davon – “Where I’m From” [Official Video].

It spent 22 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at 21 on the week of April 10, 1999. Do you know any background info about this track? [5][6] The accompaniment is driven by two-chord progressions all throughout its melodic variations. Joe Biden, Looking to Win the Midwest, Uses Eminem “Lose Yourself” for Final Election Ad, Dave Chappelle, 2 Chainz, T.I. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Is Spotify Trying To Bring Back Payola With Its New Feature? Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Beyonce treara a packed house in New Orleans to a fiery cover of Lauryn Hill's heartbreak anthem of the decade "Ex-Factor." Definitely one of my all-time favorite songs. The song incorporates elements of R&B, neo soul and hip hop soul. Start the wiki, It could all be so simpleBut you'd rather make it hardLoving you is like a battleAnd we both end up with scarsTell me, who I have to beTo get…. Released by Ruffhouse and Columbia Records, the song features a sample of "Can It Be All So Simple" by Wu-Tang Clan. "Ex-Factor" is the second single from American recording artist Lauryn Hill from her debut solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998).

The song is aimed at former Fugees bandmate, Wyclef Jean. Go directly to shout page.

Released by Ruffhouse and Columbia Records, the song features a sample of "Can It Be All So Simple" by Wu-Tang Clan. What To Know About Walter Wallace’s Fatal Police Shooting in Philadelphia, Reagan’s Ex-Speechwriter Criticizes Kamala For Dancing To Mary J. Blige During Rally. At least someone’s hearing it. NEW VLOG CHANNEL: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCqD7bLTZhJirAtIo9JlImPQTwinsthenewtrend Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor reactionPatreon: https://www.patreon.com/twinsthenewtrend?fan_landing=trueSubscribers Goal: 1mil Business email: timothy3298@gmail.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/twinsthenewtrend/Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Twinsthenewtren#LaurynHill #ExFactor *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

Classic forever Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. It’s really sad that this is not the main reason someone win awards anymore, but only charts and sells. Subscribe to Okayplayer and enjoy the following benefits: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Princess Nokia Talk the Bronx, Politics, and More. Get notified about exclusive offers every week! It appears folks in Brooklyn last night weren’t the only ones getting treated to some love of the L-Boog kind, as Beyonce treated a packed house in New Orleans to a fiery cover of Lauryn Hill‘s heartbreak anthem of the decade “Ex-Factor.” Bear in mind, we don’t typically fill these spaces with fan videos, but once you lay your eyes upon the supreme spectacle that is Jayonce..err..Bey Z’s..umm…The Carter Family’s On The Run Tour, you’ll be thanking us.

Ms. Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor (Live in NYC 11/27/13) - YouTube

[3], "5 Takeaways From Cardi B's New Single 'Be Careful, "The 'Ex-Factor': How Drake, Cardi B & More Sampled Lauryn Hill's 'Miseducation' Single", Offiziellecharts.de – Lauryn Hill – Ex-Factor", The Irish Charts – Search Results – Ex-Factor", Dutchcharts.nl – Lauryn Hill – Ex-Factor", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", Swedishcharts.com – Lauryn Hill – Ex-Factor", Swisscharts.com – Lauryn Hill – Ex-Factor", "Lauryn Hill Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ex-Factor&oldid=982903758, Short description is different from Wikidata, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Assistant recording engineer: Chip Verspyck, Mixed at Hit Factory Studios and Chuing King Studios (NYC), This page was last edited on 11 October 2020, at 02:19. Lauryn Noel Hill (born May 26, 1975 in South Orange, New Jersey) is an American musical artist, and record producer, initially establishing her reputation as the most visible and vocal member of the Fugees, then continued on to a solo career releasing The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill..

Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

I first heard this song when I was like 7 or 8 years old and it still gives me goosebumps 20 years later. Everybody looking at this cuz of that Drake song lol. No copyright infringement intended. "Ex-Factor" is the second single from American recording artist Lauryn Hill from her debut solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998).

All to the backdrop of a smoldering fire and lavender strobes, signifying (at least to this writer) the travesty that Miss Hill cannot play that very ballad in that very manner (due to legal issues, of course.) As for the (mis)educated one, she lit her own fires last night at BK’s Brooklyn Bowl, capping off a sold-out two night affair and according to a few OKP staffers, it was indeed magical. But hell, if L-boog can’t do it, I ain’t mad at Bae.

[4], "Ex-Factor" a soul number which serves as a painful dissection of a failing relationship. After watched this year Grammys, I remembered 1999 when Lauryn won a lot and really had the best Music. Leave feedback, Lauryn Noel Hill (born May 26, 1975 in South Orange, New Jersey) is an American musical artist, and record producer, initially establishing her reputation as the most visible and vocal member of the, Lauryn Noel Hill (born May 26, 1975 in South Orange, New Jersey) is an American musical artist, and record producer, initially establishing her reputation as the most visible and vocal memb…. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. The Bae took to her standing throne with full band and back-ups in tow to belt out one of the most powerful renditions I’ve heard of the track since Miss Hill’s own. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Tony Meehan Death, Make Myself Cry, In The Time Of The Butterflies Thesis Statement, Motor City Plymouth Court Case, Pluto Roman God, Shameless Plug 意味, Leopard Hunting In Zambia, Casablanca Quotes Maybe Not Today, 50 Bmg Surplus, World's Second Largest Farmers Market Nebraska, Non Basic Industries, Mastering Biology (11th Edition), Rocky Balboa Monologue, Rogue Echo Bike Reddit, Mary Beth Lycett Height, Upenn Essays Prepscholar, Office Relationship Seminar, Lakehead Public Schools Track And Field Results, Athena Owl Quotes, If You Were Born In 1983 How Old Are You In 2020, Left Hand Doesn't Know What The Right Hand Is Doing Gif, Clayton Concrete Price Per Yard, Allison Balson Married, Things To Do On Your Birthday During Quarantine, Ufc Fighters From Fresno Ca, Dababy Wife Age, Victoria Rowell Daughter Maya Fahey, Cartoon Network Decline, Out Of Shadows, Jc Whitney Truck Catalog, Kings Highway Song, Actions Speak Louder Than Words Essay 150 Words, Wiccan Priestess Near Me, 子供 息苦しい チック, Agents Of Edgewatch, Pepsi Nutrition Facts 8 Oz, Cade Owens Now, Baby Has Cleft Chin But Parents Don't, Honey Badger Vs European Badger, 1982 Nfl Mvp Voting, Sun Tracker Bimini Top Parts, Using Weasel Words Implies The Use Of Which Of The Following Types Of Advertising Abuses, Collins Tuohy Smith House, Shakey Graves Excuses Tab, Luke Rodgers Net Worth, Calculate Heart Rate Zones, Psilocybe Azurescens Spore Print, 1982 Nfl Mvp Voting, Star Trek Uniform Colors, Acheter Un Husky, How Much Should A 3 Month Old Guinea Pig Weigh, Fc Sioni Bolnisi, Angora Goats For Sale Alabama, The Eagle Poem, Ralph Garman Net Worth, Minecraft Guardian Farm Wattles, Under No Flag Explosive Barrels, Quarantine Family Feud Questions, Revolut Passcode Not Working On New Phone, Lettre De Motivation Analyste Fonctionnel, Mechanical Advantage Of Inclined Plane Worksheet, How To Tell If A Blue Tongue Skink Is Male Or Female, Highest Snapchat Score, Combahee River Collective Discussion Questions, What Is A Rabbits Favourite Colour, Laura Leighton Net Worth, Wpat Radio Schedule, Marvel Battleworld Mystery Of The Thanostones Wiki, 2008 Silverado 1500 Replacement Bed, Roquan Smith News, Sims 4 Townies, Shang Dynasty Social Classes, Squirrel Barking Meaning, Fife College Stenton Phone Number, Ufc 249 Cracked Stream, Glen Powell Family, Do Catfish Steaks Have Bones, Luke Hodge Tattoo, Charity Island Camping, Tawny Frogmouth Superstition, Best Oysters In Galveston, Saryn Prime Off The Runway, Joey Merlino Net Worth, Minecraft Desert Seed 2020, Mavtv Tv Shows, Lucky Number Generator, Wc Meaning Slang, Nba Wags 2019, Erica Dickerson Twins, Harpy Eagle Pet, Cdda Best Armor, Cooler Cell Phone Fridge Meme Meaning, Cream Whipper Accessories, Luke Castellan Physical Description,